Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Here's to wish every one of you a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

 
We trust you are each having a joyful time as we reflect on one of the greatest miracles of the ages, God in human form. A tiny baby, born in a stable. God. Incomprehensible.
 
The snow on the ground just serves to make things feel extra special over this time. We got another inch or so last night. It was so fun to watch it come floating down, all puffy and white and festive. Jere strung up some Christmas lights at the last minute while I was fixing supper, so that was added to it all.
 
Our piano with the impromptu lights added.

We had our supper in the living room. The children sure enjoyed it!
 
Jere helped me make lefse, since I hadn't been up to doing it at Thanksgiving. I still didn't do much with it, but he did a good job!

The new additions to the household. The yellow bird is Jaron's, and the blue one is Eliott's. A friend of ours raises them, and so we went to his aviary yesterday and let the boys pick out their own. They really enjoyed that part!

Leanna opening her gifts. Her favorite was a dolly stroller, and she's been pushing it around ever since!

Eliott opening his favorite gift.

And Jaron with his. Actually, I think the bird is his favorite, but this was his favorite toy. :-)
 
I'm sure I'll have more to share after today! Anita is coming over for a bit just to hang out later. We have the rest of the lefse to roll out. And I plan to catch up with some rest after several busy days in a row. Last night I fell asleep on the couch while Jere was out doing the chores! That doesn't happen normally. I was just so tired after all the activities of the day, and the lights were so soothing, and the house was so quiet... 


No comments:

Post a Comment