Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pictures, finally!

Here, at long last, are a few pictures! I know some are curious to see what things look like now that we're moved in, so I decided to get a few pictures of the living room, since that's about the only place I haven't updated with "done" pictures. Except what isn't done yet... And I didn't figure I'd post pictures of the basement where our beds are set up. You don't want to see that mess. Trust me. So, here is the living room as it stands (we do plan on moving the furniture around once we can get a couple of muscly men to move the piano again, so the one sofa doesn't have to be in front of a window...).


And, for Dad, here's how the table fits in the kitchen!

And while I had the camera out, I also grabbed some shots of the results of some Black Friday sales... We didn't join the madness out and about, but bought a few things online and in town on Saturday.

Jere bought a new set of tools to replace his OLD worn out ones. Leanna enjoyed the flashlight!

The boys had a blast with the drills--and the packaging!

And, they love the mats we picked up to soften the hard floor in the playroom. Suddenly, the toys aren't migrating quite as much to the rug in the living room--and that makes me happy too!

We're doing very well. I'm gaining strength noticeably now, though I'm still trying to take it easy so I don't go backwards anymore. It's so good to DO something, and then still not feel like I'm too weak to move when I'm done! I'm still VERY grateful for the help I'm getting a couple times a week with laundry and general cleaning, but it's a very good feeling to be able to take care of my children on a day to day basis without needing someone else to do it... Even when it means doing the basement stairs a couple times a day! Praise the Lord! Jere's back to work full time again this week, and his folks leave next week for Mexico, so I'm very thankful that I'm getting stronger right now.

The appraiser came yesterday to look at the trailer house so the buyers can get their loan. She complimented us up and down for the remodel job, and said she's never seen a trailer so well fixed up. I'm so proud of Jere and all the talent he has!

And Jere still has a lot to do on this house. Last night after our company left around 11, he was caulking some spots where the breeze was coming through the wall. He has a number more spots to do, especially in the living room, and half of the exposed basement wall to insulate yet. The colder it gets the harder it is to heat the house with freezing air blowing in! But the kitchen and school room where we spend most of our time stays the warmest as they're pretty well finished--as long as I remember I need to restock the wood furnace when Jere's not here to do it! :-) I am really looking forward to the day when we can start working at our bedrooms upstairs... But one thing at a time, and I'm just grateful we are living in ONE house right now, and I can happily put up with a few inconveniences as long as we're together.

No comments:

Post a Comment