Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rain!

Yes, this cold, wet spring has been a blessing! After the hot, dry summer last year, the moisture coming now was sorely needed. With a slow thaw, the moisture has been able to sink in as much as possible, instead of running off over frozen ground. However, I am anxiously watching the forecast, hoping (vainly so far!) for several days in a row that will be warmer, and DRY. I can hardly wait to get the garden worked up and my early crops in! We actually dug around in the muck on Tuesday night and planted a row of potatoes. :-) Yea, I'm anxious to get gardening! My plants in the house are getting anxious to be outside too. Several of the tomato plants are too tall to fit under the grow light anymore. Normally we move them outside to a cold frame when they get that big, but not yet this year. We've simply used windows laid over straw bales before, but this year straw/hay is so expensive it's not practical to do that. I need to build a real cold frame I guess! We have the parts, just lacking on time. Surprise, right?

Heges in Mexico, it looks like you sent the chipi-chipi our way today! Soft drizzle and swirling fog, and that wet, penetrating cold. Makes me think of you, wondering if you have sunshine!

We're having a bought of colds running through our house lately. Seems most of the winter we kept them at bay, but I ran out of my favorite essential oil that has been helping so much, and we got hit pretty good. Sore throats, sinus congestions, light coughs, and just feeling tired. Thankfully so far no fevers or chest congestion. It's not really any wonder, with the weather the way it is and nasty colds going around.. and around... and around in church.

Sorry no pictures this time. :-( I haven't been having much time with camera in hand recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment