Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous. Funny name, but I didn't know what else to call it! Just had too many different things going this morning.

For starters, here's a picture of the little man recovering from multiple accidents. I was wishing I'd gotten a picture at the beginning of the day instead of the ending, since he eye was an unusual and intriguing shade of green mixed with purple. By the time we got the picture, the worst had passed and it was going back to a more normal bruise color.

 
 Here are a couple pictures I got of Leanna helping me in the kitchen. She can't stand to be left out of anything! She follows me around as I work, insisting on getting her hands into whatever I'm doing. Here I was cutting up carrots for supper. I didn't want her handling a knife yet, so her job was to pick up the pieces and put them into the pan. She was delighted! She also loves helping with the dishes, and on Monday was determined to lend a hand with my sewing project. I spent most of the rest of my time "sewing" training her to keep her hands away from the needle, but hopefully she'll develop a love of work as we include her and allow her to enjoy it alongside of us.

 

 
We had our first thunderstorm of the year yesterday while we were in town running some errands. That made it interesting. Thankfully Jere had decided to come along and run some errands of his own, so I wasn't trying to run in and out of stores in the pouring rain with all the children in tow. He sat in the van with them where I needed to run in, and I sat out with them when he needed to run in. It kind of let up through the afternoon, but came back with fury at bedtime. So we went to sleep (some better than others!) amidst lightening and crashing thunder and whipping rain. And woke up to a frozen, ice covered world. What a difference! It felt just a little strange. But this whole spring has been strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment