Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Picnic!



We decided to have a picnic for supper tonight! After being gone most of the day doing various things, and after a couple rough nights in a row due to colds, I was wiped and resorted to hot dogs and canned baked beans! I took the boys' special little table to the front yard where we have some shade in the evenings, Jaron rounded up their "new" little chairs, and so we had a picnic. At 84 idegrees in the house, well, I wasn't too interested in doing much inside till the sun went down!

Some of the items bought while running errands today were parsley and a maple tree. I planted the parsley right away, as well as a few things I had in the cold frame waiting for warmer weather. I still can't be sure that it won't frost, but the mint, cabbage, and wave petunias should handle that OK I think. I'm hoping it stays dry long enough to get the tree planted tomorrow, and so we can work up the garden some more next week so I can finish getting most of our things in. We've already had one spattering of rain this evening, though, so it doesn't look too hopeful. . .

Did I mention last week we got 50 broiler chicks? Call me crazy, but I can't stand eating store bought chicken after eating the home-grown ones most of my life! We've lost 3 or 4 now I think, not good but still not near as bad as last year. At least with doing 50 at a time we only have to do it every other year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment