Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Every day life these days in pictures

Here are some pictures I just got today. Seems like life flies by so fast, and I thought it would be fun to just get some snapshots of everyday things! Hope you don't mind LOTS of pictures this time. :-)


The front flower garden all planted and mulched and ready to grow! Those white flowers are wave petunias and will eventually COVER the entire flowerbed. Remind me to get some more pictures come late summer so you can see how it does!


Our 47 chicks. We lost 4 total so far, much better than last time! And yes, that's Kodi leaping up in the background. He was all excited and hoping I'd come let him out of his kennel.



The garden almost planted! All I have left to put in is the corn, cucumbers, and watermelon. The garlic (far left) was planted last fall, and the peas (the 2 rows with chicken wire trellising) was put in during the warm spell we had in March. I'm expecting it won't be too long till they're blooming and we'll have fresh peas!


Jaron enjoying spring!


And Eliott doing the same!


Flower in the hanging basket I just got. They're stunning!


A hummingbird that showed up while I was snapping flower photos. Nice to have the camera handy! I know the color isn't the best of the bird, but it was fun to get that picture none the less. :-)


And we're THIS close to fresh strawberries!!!!! YUMMY!


Jere's dad and brother harvest the hay on our land. I love the smell of fresh cut hay.


And last but not least, Leanna!!!! She was seriously acting like she was going to crawl today. She'd get up on all fours, and kind of work her way forward. Not the classic see-saw crawl yet, but oh so close! However, she can still cover ground. Watch out for this li'l go-getter!

No comments:

Post a Comment