Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

A slower week

At last, we were able to slow down a little over the last week. It was so nice to be able to stay caught up with laundry and dishes! Due to our hectic January, Jaron is a few days behind in school, and we're working at getting him caught up too. I was able to sew a quilt top for Leanna, and last night passed it off for Jere's grandma to hand quilt for me. Both the boys have crib size quilts given to them when they were babies, but Leanna never got any, and she's outgrowing her baby blankets! This was a fun project for me, the first quilt top I ever finished!



Something we've seen a lot of over the past week is SNOW! It snowed and blew a couple of days, creating some drifts and also some bare spots--real fun at times with fresh snow over the ice left by a couple days of rain! But it seems like every morning now the last while we've awakened to a few fresh inches of powdery puff, clean and pure. Along with that is temperatures averaging in the single digits above and below zero. Perfect February weather!

Everyone is remaining well so far. I'm amazed sometimes with the amount of sickness I hear about, that we haven't really gotten much of anything this winter. I'm very grateful, and sure won't complain about that! We thank the Lord, and also Young Living Essential Oils. It's wonderful the Lord gives us plants and such to help boost our health.

Another this we did this week was start some seedlings. I know, it seems pretty early, but every year my wave petunias just seem a couple of weeks behind what they should be when I go plant them in our window boxes. I thought I'd try planting them earlier yet this year, and hopefully will have them flowering by the time to plant them out rolls around. I also started an entire flat of onions, by FAR the most I've ever tried planting. We just eat so many onions... I'm not sure where we'll store them all in the fall, but I guess we can always give them away too!

Not sure exactly what's on schedule for this coming week. More school, and everyday things, for sure! Hopefully it will be another quiet-ish week so we can work some more at just keeping up with everyday things. God bless you this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment