Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sickies. . .

Now it's not just Leanna battling a nasty cough, and copious, sticky congestion. Eliott is too. :-( Por little fellow is also running a low grade fever, something Leanna never had that I could tell. So we're dousing them both with garlic salve externally and garlic internally, and Eliott is taking Vit C and drinking lots of Apple Cherry juice too.

Outside in the last 24 hours we've had heavy rain, freezing rain, sleet, drizzle, freezing drizzle and snow. Not necessarily in order. Right now it looks like it's snowing and sounding like rain or ice as well. Jere's folks are on their way home from Mexico, so we're hoping the roads don't get bad for them!

Today I'm spending some time getting my pepper and tomato seeds started, as well as a few other things. It feels like spring should be just around the corner once the potting soil comes out! Thanks to the mice who raided the sunflower seed heads we should have gotten rid of and didn't, there are sunflower seeds all through the potting soil. When I started my petunias a few weeks ago there were sunflower popping up all over--I must have pulled 30 or so out once they started growing--and that's after I thought I'd picked through the soil when I put it in the seed trays! So this time I went through the bother of baking the potting soil to kill those nasty sunflowers--hopefully we won't be seeing any of those coming up this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment