Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

We're moved!!!

Our hearts were rejoicing last night as we crawled into bed, very tired and weary though we were. Rejoicing greatly in the Lord, and His blessings to us. For the first time in over a week, the whole family was under one roof for the night! I have no words to say as to how good that made my mother-heart feel. After coming home from the hospital I have been living in the new house as I don't care to try climbing the 6-foot ladder to get into the other house. But things weren't ready for our beds and other furniture in the new house. Saturday night and into Sunday morning Jere varnished our living room floor, and Monday and Tuesday a friend was busily putting up the duct work. So, last night a number of dear friends came to help us. They cleaned the basement (quite an operation as it's been a workshop for the past months) and moved all of our beds down there. Our sofas, desk, and piano were set in place in the living room, and all the numerous odds and ends were packed into boxes and totes and stacked everywhere. Then the ladies present cleaned the trailer thoroughly, down to mopping floors. I'm quite amazed it all got done, and ever so thankful!

I was up and about some yesterday, feeling stronger than I have yet. I can't express the weary joy of making my way down the basement stairs to be able to direct my children getting ready for bed, then to walk only a few feet away to crawl into my own bed again. To have them be able to come running to us through the night with their worries. I felt like a mama again even though it wore me out completely. :-) God is so good to us. The blessings He has poured out on us are so much above what we deserve! As I look around at our much larger house that is on its way to being so nicely fixed up, God's blessings seem so real and abundant.

There are pangs, yes, as I think of the diaper changing area I had planned out that won't be needed now, at least for a long time to come, and thinking of the crib being packed away once Leanna's done with it. But God has brought peace to my heart that even this is in His hand, and because of His great love for us. Treasure is with Him, in a place where there is no pain and no tears. A love that would keep him in this world of troubles and cares would be a selfish love indeed! I do mourn over the little feet that will never patter over our floors and little lips that will never lisp out "Mama", but I joy that my child has been freed from this world of sin and if forever with the Lord.

There is still a mountain of work ahead of us. They tell me I probably won't be back to "normal" strength for about 3 months, so it looks like an awful lot to do in finishing our remodeling and moving in before spring! We have almost all the trimming yet to do on the main floor, tile to lay in the mudroom, and then the entire upstairs to remodel. Plus bookshelves to build and curtains to sew and a number of other odd things to do. One thing at a time, and I'm just so glad to get done what we do have done already!

Outside, there's sunshine melting snow. I'm glad to see the sun again after it was hiding for so long. Somehow it's easier to feel cheerful when the sun's out! God bless your day, as He has blessed mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment