Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Uh oh

I'm really disappointed and a wee bit worried... I can't find my camera!! I'm guessing it grew feet and ran away, but where I have no idea, and the little feet seem to have forgotten as well. Oh dear. I was really wanting to get some pictures of our house now that we're living in it! And, yesterday Jere moved the trailer house--bummer I didn't get any pictures of that! It just got moved enough to be out of the way so he can make the driveway come up to the new house before things freeze too hard. Maybe. But it sure looks different out the windows now--we can SEE!! Wow. I didn't realize we had such a nice view... Jere had to go down to the job again today to finish up a few things before hunting season starts for his client, but I think he's hoping to start moving dirt this afternoon. I'm SO eager to be able to drive up to the house!

We are doing fairly well. I'm just better enough to want to do more than I can/should do, and it's getting a bit... frustrating. Yesterday I decided I was well enough to do laundry in my new machines. But till I managed to sort out multiple piles of dirty laundry (our laundry hampers/baskets were full of books and other items people didn't know what to do with when they moved our stuff so all the dirty clothes ended up in heaps on the floor) and haul a BIG armload up the stairs and get two loads washed and one dried, well, suffice to say I felt something like jello. So at bedtime Jere managed to empty two of my laundry baskets, empty and refill the dryer, and sort out a few other things so we actually have room to walk around our bed comfortably. I still can't even dream of getting to my crocheting supplies, or the computer programs I've been wanting. They're buried. Along with most of my sewing stuff. Sigh. I'm ready to start making order out of mayhem, but if I can't even do a couple loads of laundry however will I have energy to do more?

I really shouldn't be whining, though. We're all under one roof, and it's warm--as long as someone remembers to load the wood furnace! I have a functional kitchen, and children who know how to load, unload, and run the dishwasher for me. It's sunshiney today, with a sprinkling of snow on the ground. And besides my energy level being in the dirt, we're all healthy! Now, I need to go give my children their oatmeal...

And maybe, hopefully, find that camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment