Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Clinic emergency

Well, we had another emergency come in after hours at the clinic today. I heard over the 2-way radios that there was a moto on its way with a girl coming to the clinic with blood on her leg. I was doing school with Jaron and didn't bother to go look when I heard the moto roar up shortly. I knew there were people back and forth in front of our house, but hardly paid attention. Then Jere called to me on the radio and said that I was to bring the camera to the clinic, so we took recess and ran over. I found a girl about 10 years old who was in a moto accident in the market (remember how I said that the motos just go roaring through reckless of life and limb, and you'd better be out of their way?) and had a leg with a compound fracture. They had it all splinted up with an open cast and Ace bandages when I got there, but had lost the pulse in her foot so had to go back and re-do the bandaging.

Checking out how the cast material was hardening.

Checking the pedal pulse.

Starting to re-bandage the leg.

She had to be taken out to a bigger hospital than the one even in Ti Guove, so Steve and Shana are taking her and picking up the new team while they're out. They'll be back late tonight, I'm guessing. Poor folks, we were planning a pizza party and now they'll miss out. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment