Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our first excitements

We have been doing very well, settling into our temporary home and into more of a schedule than traveling allowed. The children have been adjusting quite well, and are sleeping/napping as normal. So that's nice for us! And there have been a few little excitements as well.
 
Wednesday the boys found a larger tarantula when their ball rolled down the hill into the garden area. Jere said it was the largest he'd ever seen, and I didn't bother to take time to go down and see it. But I did send the camera!
 
Yesterday we had a teenage boy come in for stitches. He's been hit by a flying rock on his head. It wasn't too bad a wound, and took about 4 stitches to close up. I got to watch and be the photographer. I won't post any pictures of that for those of you who don't like blood and guts. :-)
 
About the time Anita was finishing up the stitch job, a young lady (17 years old) came to the clinic, in labor. By bedtime she was progressing steadily, and we anticipated the baby coming through the night sometime. I put ear plugs in and went to sleep, telling Jere to let me know when they banged on the gate. Since we live the closest to clinic we would hear any disruptions first. About 2:30 am I woke suddenly and just lay there for a moment



No comments:

Post a Comment