Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Updated pictures!

Ok, these pictures aren't anything to shout about. After all, it's pretty bare bones living still in our new kitchen. But it's really an improvement over the old one. Thanks, dishwasher!!! :-)


Shooting from the school room. Yes, it's a mess. We're still moving!
 
My new baking corner! LOVE it already!
 
And the other part of the kitchen.

No, we don't have cupboard doors yet, and there's even a drawer missing. That will come--Jere plans to make them. :-) I have such a handy man! Meanwhile, I get to try out my dream of not having cupboard doors and see if I really like it as much as I thought I would. I mean, how many times do we have to open (and try to remember to close!) those miserable doors? Well, it would be nice to hide some of that stuff, really. It looks a little cluttery all out in the open.... One of these days! Just having a dishwasher has been a real blessing. The boys are thrilled to have the responsibility of loading and unloading the dishwasher for me--'specially when that includes pushing buttons!!! :-) Since the table settings are now where they can easily reach them, the boys also set the table before meals. Not only does it save me the time, but keeps them out of trouble during my busiest time of the day. Score!

Things really are going well. Jere thrilled me last night when he told me he thinks he has about two more days on the job where he's working, then he plans to stay home and work on our house till we can move all the way!! Well, as in move all our goods from one house to the other, and we'll be sleeping in the basement until the bedrooms upstairs are habitable. Which is going to take awhile. Oh well. It WILL be worth it! Jere's hoping to have a moving day toward the end of next week. Realistically, I'm guessing it will be the next week before we're able to move. We must still pack, after all, on top of getting this house ready. :-) But I will be SO happy to be living in just one house again, with just ONE fire to tend and not to have to run up and down ladders umpteen times a day. Jere did get the one couch we have into the playroom in the new house, so we at least have somewhere comfy to sit. :-) Hooray! Every little bit helps!

Speaking of moving, the invitation is open for moving helpers... End of next week or sometime the next...


Here's the Princess and her daddy having a goof-off the other evening.
 
And the fire Jere got to watch as a he was on stand-by with the ambulance a little while back. It wasn't real far from home, so Jaron got to go along to watch. The rest of us enjoyed watching the fire trucks scream by on the road from the comfort of home!


No comments:

Post a Comment