Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Things I'm looking forward to...

I have a whole lot of things I'm looking forward to right now, but first I should show off what's already done! The first of this month Jere and his dad poured the cores of our new block walls, and also a section of  floor. Looks like fun, huh?
 


Oh and of course we can't forget the big helper!

A random shot of the Princess.

On Monday the 8th the house was set down on the basement walls. Yippee!! That felt like a big step! And a relief too. I no longer worry about high winds coming through. :-)

Now, I can hardly wait until...
...I don't have to use a ladder to get off the deck.

...the dirt/mud is grass again.

...I don't have to walk the plank to get into the house.
 
(From the doorway. Any idea why it makes me a little nervous to have my boys running in and out all day long?)

...the basement floor is poured.


...we can have more electricity inside than a single extension cord.

... not having to share one broom between two houses.

... moving into our bedroom!

... the house not smelling like mice. (And rats? That hole is HUGE!)

... having one room finished. (Should be finishing this one next week! Got the ceiling painted and light fixtures up yesterday, want to paint the walls today, and put down the flooring maybe today or Monday!!)

... having more lights available than just shop lights.
 
 
So there's a little pictorial journey through our house and lives lately. Hope you enjoyed it! And come to visit us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment