Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shopping trip


Well, yesterday we went to La Crosse shopping! What LONG day. Jere wanted to make it to the Contractor's Breakfast at Menards, so we got up at 5:30 to get everyone ready to go and get up there on time. Then after breakfast and halfway through our shopping there, we realized we'd lost the shopping list somehow. It was the master copy with everything we needed to buy/look for that day! So we winged it the rest of the day and I only remembered 3 things so far that we missed--two of them semi-important but not real bad. :-) The biggest deal of the day was a whole new set of dinnerware! (Pictured above.) 64 piece set with 12 place settings. I'd been looking for something for quite awhile to replace the tin dishes we'd been using that were starting to bubble with rust under the enamel. I just couldn't find anything that I thought would fit till I saw this set. It's a Pfaltzgraff, a fairly decent brand, and after the rebate was only $40 for the whole thing! I like the white--will go with any color tablecloth and serving bowls. I like the design--will go with any decor pretty much I think when we re-do the kitchen and/or move. The biggest problem: when we got home and unpacked it suddenly the cupboards looked way too small! Not only is everything in this set bigger than the previous one, there's more stuff. So today's project? Re-organize my kitchen to make this stuff fit! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment